We know that not everyone enjoys visiting the dentist. In fact, you may have dental anxiety. Fortunately, Dr. Hema Gopal and the rest of our caring team in our Bordentown, NJ dentist office can calm the nerves of even the most anxious patients.
At Premier Dental, we’ll help you put your dental anxiety behind you! Call 609-949-5115 for an appointment.
Causes of Dental Anxiety
Fear of pain is perhaps the biggest cause of dental anxiety. Other causes include:
- A prior bad experience at the dentist
- Embarrassment over the poor condition of your teeth
- Disliking the lack of control
Three Ways To Beat Dental Anxiety
At Premier Dental, top-notch Bordentown, NJ dentist address all of those concerns in three ways:
- Patient-focused care
- Dental procedures that are as painless as possible
- Comfortable environment
A big part of patient-focused care is thoroughly discussing your treatment plan with you. We never want you to feel you don’t what is going on or end up surprised by an outcome. Trusted Bordentown, NJ dentist Dr. Gopal patiently explains every dental procedure.
We make you comfortable with soft pillows in our care rooms. We also offer TVs and headsets for listening to music, both of which can make your treatment seem to go by more quickly!
We use the latest dental technology to keep our procedures as painless as possible. Some examples:
- Electronic apex locator, for determining the exact location and length of canals in your teeth during root canals
- Picasso soft tissue laser, for quickly and easily removing excess gum tissue
Less Nervous With Nitrous Oxide Sedation
We also offer dental sedation with nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”) to calm your nerves. We use nitrous because:
- It is easy and quick to administer. You receive it through a small mask worn over your nose.
- It is the safest form of dental sedation. It can even be used on children.
- Its mild euphoria takes effect quickly.
- It wears off quickly too, so you feel like “yourself” right after your dental procedure and can even drive home.